I am a Senior Lecturer teaching BIM and Building Innovation Tools such as Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. I am the recipient of the 2020 Massey Research Medal – Early Career and the 2020 College of Science Research Award – Early Career.
I obtain a doctorate in Civil Engineering investigating human behavior in Disasters using Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality tools. Please visit www.lovreglio.info for more information.
My studies embed:
– Decision-Making during Emergencies;
– Evacuation and Pedestrian Modelling;
– Human Behavior in Disasters;
– Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (Oculus, VIVE, Unity)
– Data Collection and Data Analysis (R, MATLAB, SPSS, Ngene);
– Discrete Choice Analysis (Biogeme, Nlogit);
– Applied statistics for Medial Image Analysis.
I have published more than 40 journal papers and 25 conference papers on Pedestrian and Evacuation Modelling, Evacuee Decision-Making and MRI analysis (see https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ruggiero_Lovreglio).
I am an Associate Editor for Safety Science and member of the Editorial Board of Fire Technology and Fire Safety Science.
I am also reviewer for more than 40 International Journals in different fields, such as fire, safety and simulation research, applied mathematics and transportation modelling.